Thursday, May 17, 2012

39 Weeks







Size of baby: Watermelon


 
 
Developmental milestones: 
  • He's probably able to flex his limbs now.
  • His brain is still rapidly developing
  • His nails may extend past his fingertips  



How I'm feeling:  There was a definite point that I crossed where I am no longer nervous or anxious about him coming, I am 100% ready to meet him today. The big bump, getting up every 2 hours for the bathroom, aches, etc. have lost their appeal and I am ready to begin the mommy adventure.

Highlights of the week: I had my 39 week doctor's appointment yesterday. He is measuring perfectly to the day, with a great strong heartbeat. I had her do an internal exam and the baby has definitely dropped. He was so low in my pelvis that she said she could feel where the top of his head is. He is at a +1 station. For some perspective a +5 station is the moment when a baby is being delivered. She also told me that she will not let me go beyond my due date so if he does not come on his own by the 23, I will go in to be induced Wednesday afternoon and he will be born May 24! It's so exciting to know there is an end date and in a week or less he will finally be here!


Other things going on this week:

- We closed on our new house. Now remodeling can begin. Hopefully we can get construction underway in a few weeks.

- Casey and Beau joined a USTA doubles league and had their first game yesterday. Unfortunately they lost but they looked great and now that they have gotten a loss out of the way the rest will be all wins.



- I wanted to say good luck to all my family competing in the Warrior Dash this weekend in North Georgia! It is a crazy race where runners dress up and have to go over obstacles and at the end everyone celebrates with beer and turkey legs- Viking style. Hope they have a great time and cant wait to see the pictures. Below is a picture I found online of what the race looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment