Monday, May 28, 2012

Welcome Baby Beau!

Sorry this has been so long in the making....who knew having a newborn takes up every minute of your time?

So last time I posted was the day before our scheduled induction. My mom had come into town last Monday and we had been getting the condo cleaned up and ready. We spent Tuesday going to lunch, getting last minute things at Target, and then had our weekly Taco Tuesday dinner at Casey and Eric's house. We had started a betting pool a month earlier at a Taco Tuesday on when Matt and Miller would have their baby girl. Since no one guessed the right birth date the pool went to guessing our due date- the person who guessed the closest to the date without going over won. That Tuesday we joked at how Bill Brown- a Dart cousin who joins us every week- was going to be a rich man because we had been told we had to be induced and he guessed the day after the induction (24th) which is when the doctor said the baby would be born. So we all went home that night ready to sleep in for the last time and have a leisurely day getting ready before heading to the hospital at 3:30 pm.

Well......I woke up at 12:15 in the morning to my water breaking. We do some last minute packing and get to the hospital around 1 am. After settling into our room I get checked and find out I am already 6 centimeters dilated! So we decide to go ahead and get the epidural done since my contractions had started and the nurse had gone to page my doctor. Once I had my epidural they started me on Pitocin  around 3:15 to make sure my progress didn't stall. I was feeling really good so we decided to get a nap in before I got to 10 centimeters. At 5:45 I was checked again and was 10 cm dilated ready to go. The nurse had another girl ready to deliver in another room and asked if we wanted to have the other woman go ahead and deliver first or us. I decided I wanted to wait so I could freshen up and look not completely dead in pictures.

Mom brushing my hair right before all the excitement



I had an amazing labor and delivery experience. It was fast and easy and at 6:36 am Donald Adams Robarts Dart II was born!! He weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces, 20 inches long and absolutely perfect. We are so blessed to have baby Beau home and we are so happy.


Going home- baby's first car ride

Finally home!
Grandmama and Beau
Beau and Tita


Daddy and Beau video chatting with Uncle Matt and Cousins Will and Liza

 

With Papa
Papa and Aunt Haley came to see us


Snuggling with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment