Thursday, April 5, 2012

First Anniversary

Beau and I celebrated 1 year of wedded bliss this past Monday April 2. I can't believe it has already been a year. Time has flown by.

First kiss!

Since I am 8 months pregnant we couldn't go anywhere too far away so Beau surprised me on Friday and took me to the Jekyll Island Club Hotel for the weekend. We spent the majority of the time relaxing, eating out and spending some good quality time together before things get crazy. It rained most of Saturday so we got some hot tea and newspapers and sat on rocking chairs on one of their big verandas overlooking the marsh and read until the rain stopped. It was so nice to just relax and not have to worry about anything at all.

Monday we went for a nice dinner at Halyard's on Saint Simons to celebrate the actual day. Then for dessert we unwrapped the top layer of our wedding cake ( lemon pound) that has been frozen for a whole year. A year old frozen cake may not sound appetizing but it was actually delicious. It was covered in fondant which acted as a barrier to the actual cake and there was no freezer burn at all.



Beau is great at finding little ways to surprise me. I was upstairs getting ready for dinner and he asked me to go to the kitchen to get him some water while he was changing into his coat. I went downstairs and found a beautiful bouquet of flowers and card with a handwritten poem inside.



The traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper so I made a scrapbook online of some of the major events of our first year starting with the wedding and ending with a sonogram of the baby. The modern 1st anniversary gift is a watch or clock. So I got Beau a nice pocketwatch engraved with his monogram on the front and an inscription on the back. He loved it! I know it's not something for every day use but my hope is that it can become an heirloom that can be passed down from father to son.



For something fun I painted a travel mug for him at a local pottery shop. I think secretly it was his favorite gift. Who wouldn't be proud carrying this around? :-)








It has been an amazing year and I couldn't imagine having a more amazing husband. I think if this year was any indicator then the years to come are going to just get better and better.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, what a great first year together! And - Love the mug :)

    ReplyDelete